9/27/12

I went on a little field trip up to Rock Canyon with my cousin Kemarie. She needed to find a dozen rocks of various descriptions and document them for her homework. I expected this to take about thirty minutes but I also forgot I was going with a second grader. It ended up taking about an hour and a half but it was a beautiful day so it was fine. It sprinkled on us a few times so we took shelter under a bridge and I got to explain how different rocks form and a few other natural science principals. We also got to see a few cool sights by straying off the beaten trail.


I was able to help with vision screening at the local elementary school this morning and was amused at the kids. I asked one of them to "read the line" in order to see if they could make out each character. The little boy then phonetically pronounced "ohrnc" the best he could with a hint of concern that he was being a bad reader. After trying to hide my laugh I reassured him that it was not a word and that he just needed to read each letter.

I got another lead on a job this week so as my friend Kersti says, "press [your] thumbs." The lady I applied with called me the next day and asked me what my phone number was so I'm not really sure what that means.

2 comments:

  1. cool stuff to see! Good thing I looked at the picture more closely to realize the deer is a painting before I mentioned how unique it is that the deer has so much white coloring. You guys did a good job on Kemarie's rock collection. I also like the vision screening story. Poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the job interview. Looks like a nice little outing.

    ReplyDelete