9/5/12

One of my favorite things about making friends is their ability to open your eyes to brand new things. This summer I befriended a young lady who, through her passion, opened my eyes to several new things including biking. I've always enjoyed biking but ever since my bike was stolen back in 2008, I hadn't thought much about it. Today though I got on my cousin's bike and took a ride north and eventually ended up near the temple.
I had to hike to a spot where the view was good enough.
It ended up being about an eight mile ride and after some hiking it took a couple hours of my day. I didn't realize how out of shape I had become but it was a lot of fun.

Provo is doing an overhaul of their downtown area and tonight they had a little shindig to educate people on their plans. It was pretty swanky: a live jazz band, custom (non-alcoholic) mixed drinks, and upscale catering but unfortunately it seems they didn't really get the word out. Jana, Mirielle, and I were some of the only people there and the raffle jar only had about twenty entries in it a half hour before it ended. Poor Provo.
The cityscape was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment