9/18/12

I had my interview yesterday and I think it went rather well. I attempted to appear knowledgeable and confident while preserving a sense of humility and willingness to learn. The company is small which is nice but in the meantime I'll keep applying for other jobs. It was fun to be unemployed for the summer but now that Fall is beginning I'm just bored out of my mind.

To help mitigate that I joined the Provo Peaks Elementary PTA. Keera, my cousin, is the president and looked into the rules where she discovered that you do not actually need to be a parent to join. It will be nice to give back to the community in a way, I feel like I constantly benefit from the network but since I'm a single adult they have never expected anything in return. I'm also planning on putting it on my resume since it doesn't hurt to show I'm invested in my home.

Contemplating the sunset, photo credit: Claire

2 comments:

  1. My aunt was actually PTA president and she didn't have any kids in the school system!

    She was kind of a legacy, as my grandma was PTA president for years and years. Even after we all left school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete