9/8/12

Last night I got in my first car accident; it was just a fender-bender but still it was nerve wracking. I rear ended someone at a stop light--I make no excuses--and of course it had to be a pregnant woman. Luckily she was really nice, we pulled over to a parking lot and waited for her husband to come,and after we swapped information to his satisfaction we were off. The damage was really minimal: on my car it just scratched the paint a few places, tore out a licence plate screw and bent it about thirty degrees. Her bumper was just scratched a bit and somehow my license plate screw turned around completely and lodged into her bumper.
But wait, a twist! They called me this morning and suggested that we just both forget it happened as they didn't want to jump through the insurance hoops. They are such kind people, I need to call them back so I can give them some gift cards to go out to eat or something.

3 comments: