9/24/12

Sunday was the temple dedication for the Brigham City Temple (hour north of Salt Lake City) and to encourage all members in Utah to attend the broadcast they canceled our normal Sabbath meeting block. It was a beautiful service. President Packer wrote the dedicatory prayer however, he requested that another read it. It was good that he did since it was immensely difficult to follow his remarks prior to the prayer. Not pictured below is an old-man pillow which I brought to make sitting in hard plastic chairs a little more bearable.
LR: Pres. Mackay, his daughter Courtney, his wife Luanne, Kersti, Me, Miffy, Anna, Jonathan
I actually had the opportunity to meet President Packer a few years ago while employed at the Museum of Art on campus. He came in on a Sunday for a private viewing of the Carl Bloch exhibit and chatted with me briefly. He told me that he'll probably forget my name but never forget meeting me. He later chastised me for skipping church, stating that anyone who skips church on account of him owes him five dollars. I never did get around to giving him that bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment