4/30/13

The Great Outdoors

I went hiking a few times this weekend.

During Graduation weekend, BYU lights up the "Y" on the mountain. Some friends and I decided it would be fun to go up there while it was lighted since none of us had ever done so. I am mostly telling you this so I can post this picture.
Photo credit: Claire Sanford
That kicked off the rest of the weekend of hiking in Zions with Cousin Drew and Uncle Michael.

On Saturday we hiked up Angels' Landing. I expected this hike to be an adrenaline rush due to fatalities in the past but it turned out to be quite easy.


On Sunday we hiked the Subway. Its an eight hour hike which involves rappelling and swimming. At one point our rope wasn't long enough so we jumped onto an adjacent tree and climbed down the branches. Unfortunately I did not take my phone so I have no photographs but here is some stock photography.
Climb-Utah.com
It was one of the most beautiful natural locations I have ever experienced and incredibly exhausting. If I end up getting some of our pictures I'll post a few.

Edit: My uncle's camera died so I'm the only one who has pictures.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty awesome sauce. That must have been really fun. Did the pictures even catch how beautiful it was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been awesome sauce to go. Did the pictures even show how beautiful it was there? It seems that cameras never really capture how the colors seem to blend in that sunset or how magnificent the canyon really is. Cameras should be better. Hiking to the Y was pretty fun. Except for the fact that I almost died. It was fun listening to other's conversations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A better camera (and skill!) would have helped capture the colors better but nothing but the real thing can portray the immense scale of it all. Everything is so big!

      Angel's landing is about the same difficulty as the Y but so much prettier.

      Delete