2/9/13

Part-time Model

© 2012 Mirielle Sanford
"[I'm] so beautiful, [I] could be a part-time model."
Above is my portrait as interpreted by Mirielle Sanford. When she first showed me the piece I felt an almost overwhelming vulnerability and immediately commented that I felt naked. My favorite reaction was my sister's for she found the image repulsive on an instinctual level but consciously acknowledged that there was nothing vulgar about it.

Mocavo has been fun the past few days as we had to dispose of several hundred books, and, due to limitations on recycling, each book had to have pages ripped out of hard-covers. The result was a sizable pile of books which naturally led to pillars going to the ceiling.

Favorite kid quote this week: "Christian, did you pass college? You did? When are you going to get married?"

This week brought a tragic discovery. It appears I failed to back up two-months worth of photographs from my phone before I cleared 2012. From mid-June to mid-August, all of my pictures and videos were missing with the notable loss of Independence Day, my trip to Southern Utah, Ringo Starr concert, and my family reunion at Bay Lake. I spent all night seeing what I could recover and did end up finding a backup of my phone from July as well as the entire album from my reunion posted online. Ultimately I still lost over one-hundred photos but I am grateful I have at least some of my Summer back.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. It is kind of freaky.

    Glad you recovered some of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete