2/24/13

History

Maybe its working at a genealogy company but I've started to get into family history. During a family history class in church today I found the census records for my Great-Grandfather Otting which surprisingly made his record eligible to receive temple ordinance. Our stake has issued the challenge to us all to have one family name to take to the temple by June and I've already done it.

More directly related to work--apparently people really liked writing about the civil war. Over the past couple of weeks I've gone through hundreds of regiment and cultural histories from the time period. My curiousity peaked and I finally went in saw "Lincoln" in the theaters on its final weekend yesterday. It was amazing. I'd tell you that its worth every cent and deserves to be on the big screen but that'd just be rude at this point.

The Oscars have made me entirely too movie hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment