6/26/13

Bike Woes

Last week I was riding my cousin's bike to my calling when I looked down to see that the once faint crack in the frame had grown considerably. I told myself that I should probably check that out once I got home. After I finished with my appointments I headed home and humored the idea of the bike falling apart as I rode it.

Then it fall apart.
The bike collapsed on itself. I skillfully pulled off a sweet roll which kept (in order of importance) my clothes and body unscathed. My friend Courtney was driving by just as it happened and after she flipped around she rolled down her window and we shared the moment of astonishment at what just went down. I folded the bike in half and she drove me home.

My cousin didn't want the corpse so I was going to donate it for parts when my friend asked for them and in exchange he equipped me with a brand new (used) bike. There are a couple things I need to fix but it's a beauty. Her name is Brittany (so the stickers on the bike tell me).
I need a bell.

2 comments:

  1. You have fenders and a place to put stuff on the back, score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the mark of a classy biker. Now I need a milk carton so I can make weekly trips to the farmers market.

      Delete