3/2/13

Gardening

I couldn't take it anymore, despite it still being Winter I went outside and did some gardening this weekend. The yard at my house is one of the few things I can own up on and I'm eager to continue working on it this year.

In our garden boxes this year we will be planting: Eggplant, Cucumber, Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Tomatos (big and cherry), Lettuce, Peas, and Basil

In addition to these I have a small plot in the corner of the yard cleared for zucchini. There is an abundance of unused space on the far side of the property that is already irrigated which I plan on clearing out for spaghetti and acorn squash. Also, adjacent to the SW corner of the house I will be planing a few raspberry bushes for future production. I don't know what I'm doing at all but in that regard I'm lucky it's not my house.

I was talking to my friend tonight and mentioned to her that I would be completely content if I could spend every day working in my garden for the rest of my life. It is one of my goals as I grow old, and (since I come from a long line of farmers) I yearn to test the hue of my thumb. Even as a kid, my favorite video game was a farming simulator.


Seriously, I dreamed about this game before I even played it.

4 comments:

  1. why am i just now finding your blog? i loved oregon trail when i was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden continues to keep us all very busy, lots of weeding, manure, preparing beds for planting out, clearing beds that have finished and planting a new batch of young plants in fresh beds. Some days we look as though we are playing a strange game involving adding and removing clothing. We go out in rain macs and in minutes can be topping up the sun tan lotion and wearing summer vests.read this weed eater reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Richard, glad you're doing well. My garden this year was pretty pathetic but hopefully next year I will do a better job with my irrigation system.

      Delete