10/21/12

I'm going to do a Christmas card this year, I'm writing this so I'll have something to answer to if I don't follow through. As I stated on my Twitter, this is a selfish act as I just really want a picture of myself on the mantles of various friends and family members.

Life is going good, the job is going good as well. There are times where I feel like the data entry is killing me but I make a games out of watching the documents be filed away and it becomes actually quite fun--to the point where I forget to take my breaks and work overtime every day. With a little bit of luck I'm hoping this will lead to something more permanent or at least serve as a connection to another job that I can enjoy as much.

Playing "Charlie's Angels" in the yard on Saturday.
This past weekend we pulled up the last of the garden. While it's sad to see all the greenery go, the fresh chocolate dirt has its own beauty and I'm already excited to plan next year's crops after all I've learned this season. We're not sure out artichokes will make it through the winter but we've moved them next to the house hoping the radiant heat will help. I also finalized the front yard by planting three dozen tulips, which in addition to the other perennials will means year-round (minus winter) flowers. In a lot of ways I am grateful to be learning all this on a house that is not mine.


1 comment:

  1. Thats a great picture. And I will be offended if Mitch and I do not recieve a christmas card from you this year. We are not doing one, so don't expect one back this year.

    ReplyDelete