1/13/13

Twenty-seven

I have officially entered the roaring late twenties. The party on Friday went excellent; by my count I had fifty attendees and we went though about sixty waffles (leaving fourty waffles still in the freezer). I received high praises on my recipe which ended up being called "an old family recipe  despite it coming from the internet. If the waffle market wasn't so saturated in Provo, I could have a livelihood.

I actually have very few pictures of the party since I always space it when I'm in the moment. It was mostly just people talking and towards the end they all focused their talking on me as they started an impromtu Christian memories circle. It was somewhat unhinging to hear a group of people openly praise you but I suppose it was nice.
Birthday banners by June and Esther.
Birthday Shrine
The rest of my birthday weekend consisted of work and church and the only other birthday related activity was when my friend Ann brought me a cake Sunday night.
She didn't try to kill me with that knife, also I just realized I didn't make a wish. 
My friend has invited me down to Mexico next month to do some stuff at an orphanage  I still need to go over the details but I think I might do it. I've had an itch of wanderlust recently and this may just be the trick.

Fun fact: I share my birthday with the National Geographic Society. Kindred spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment