12/26/12

Christmas Wrapup

Another Christmas come and gone. I made it to Colorado safe and sound despite the apocalypse and a small pot hole incident. I'm staying with my brother Seth for the holiday which means we've been pretty laid back. Most of my time has been relaxing with family including simple pleasures like watching TV (I've gained a new appreciation for Family Feud) and playing games. Also I went to the Celestial Seasonings factory and drank about a gallon of tea herbal infusions.

Christmas itself was just as fun as ever if not more. On Christmas Eve we went over to my Grandmother's house and had a meal of appetizers and desserts (I made pavlova which made out as a hit) followed by a short Nativity play acted out by some of the children. I'm not going to say it was reverent but it was enjoyable.

On Christmas Day I opened presents with my brothers and my nephews and nieces. Santa brought the kids presents to their house so it didn't take forever. I received exactly what I was hoping for--a fountain pen and auto emergency kit which I tweeted as proof that I am an adult.  Later that day my brother hosted a big Christmas dinner for 35+ family members. It was loud and chaotic but the food and company was excellent.

Not sure when I'll be heading back to Provo yet--looks like I might hang out until January. Outdoor ice skating tonight, more thrift store shopping, and Les Mis are all in the plans, and New Years is always a party. I will return though, I am already missing the "at home" feel of Utah.

Oh, and the cards were a hit. I have prime positions at several people's houses. I kept one for my memory box but I still have a couple extra looking for a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment