12/10/12

I have discovered that Christmas cards are quite a pain to put together. I wrote my first draft today and found it to be a significant struggle to keep it interesting and terse. The photo shoot was yesterday and I think we got a couple solid shots. I have to give a big thanks to my friend Mirielle who put her semi-professional skills at my disposal. She's still working on them so no pictures yet but rest assured--I look fantastic in my thrift store suit.

Co-currently I am starting preparations for my birthday party next month. I'm going to have a waffle bar with Belgian liege waffles and assorted toppings. This is my entrance into the late twenties so I need some sort of party to help myself feel okay about it. Last year my friend Jon ran my party which made it really nice since I stress out when I host. I asked my sister, Allison, to design my invites (and my Christmas card) since she is a graphic design student so I'm sure they will be super trendy.

Last on my priorities is cinnamon almonds as a neighbor/home-teachee gift. I just don't know when I'll make time. Being an adult is hard.

Speaking of time--I might have a lot of it starting in January. My job posting is ending around the end of the year it seems and I haven't quite worked out the next step. I'm hoping to find another position in the county so cross your fingers.

Next post will be either my completed Christmas card or post-Christmas special.

No comments:

Post a Comment