11/10/12

Provo received the first snow fall of the season and if its anything like last year--it will be the only snow we see. Still, eight inches is quite a turn out for a desert valley and if it's viable tomorrow I'll see what I can do about a snowman.
Non-artsy shot I nabbed while waiting outside work.
We're in the middle of canvasing for the Election--meaning counting thousands and thousands of votes. If nothing else, this job will have given me a wonderful insight into what goes into making an election happen. Election day itself was a seventeen hour work day filled with paperwork, push-up contests, and missing votes. We have a little over a week left before the madness ends but it's fun to get wrapped up in all the hullabaloo. Unfortunately, everything I'm dealing with is "no pictures" so nothing fun to post for now.

The biggest recent development is that I finally registered to vote in Utah. I've lived here for over six consecutive years so I figure its time. I joined a political party for the first time--the Green Party. I feel like the two party system only works if you buy into it so I guess this is me fighting the man. Hoorah.

No comments:

Post a Comment