12/1/14

November Condensed

Hi!

This will be a tiny post but my Christmas card will be coming up soon; hopefully next week. I did however want to share a bit of what happened in the month of November since I neglected my blog the entire time.
I voted in the midterm elections! This isn't very exciting on its own but I wanted to take the weirdest #ivoted photo; thankfully I had a bunch of stickers from my time working for the county Elections department a couple years ago.
I cooked my first turkey! Our Gilmore Girls group has a monthly potluck and we naturally had a Thanksgiving theme this month. (Photo by Mirielle Sanford)
For actual Thanksgiving Allison and I drove over to Colorado and stayed with my brother, Seth. My aunt hosted the dinner which was fantastic except for two things: my dish turned out to be unpalatable, and there were no sweet potatoes; so sad. We hit the thrift stores for black friday and I found the coolest typewriter. Which I now plan on using to type everything from checks, forms, and envelopes.
While we were there we also picked up  my brother's old TV and in-house AC unit (for our living room), and our grandmother's grandfather clock which now sits proudly in our main hall.

OH! AND I BOUGHT MSG! I bought three pounds of MSG which I am so exited to start using in food. I am totally serious about this and am not being ironic, I really bought MSG and I really am excited to figure out how to use it as a seasoning. I'm hoping to start implementing it in recipes at work as soon as possible.

6 comments:

  1. Haha! This post is amazing. Love your GG nights, because I know Kersti looks forward to them and really appreciates them! Also, I'm curious of your MSG experiment. Will you report back on the effects, like if you grow another arm or something? Haha, that's really hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We added it to two dishes at work with great success! I can totally taste the additional flavor depth but but its just barely there. MSG on its own kind of tastes like miso soup.

      Delete
  2. Yes! All of the above! Tell us if you grow more arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know which is stranger, the voting photo or the toothpicks in the beard photo. I do love that you are unrestrained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kjersti sent me a site where men are putting tiny ornaments into their beard but I trimmed my beard too recently for that. :(

      Delete