4/21/14

Fake Promotions and Astronomy

Happy Easter; I have health insurance! I've done a bunch of other things as well but you won't get to hear about all of them because suspense in intrigue is more fun than a post that is pages and pages long. I am feeling sick though so don't expect me to be funny.

I'm going to be picking up a lot more responsibilities at work soon. Our HR manager will be taking maternity leave shortly and is passing a large portion of her workload to me including payroll, hiring, and firing. The details aren't really worked out but a part of me wants to go mad with power, give myself a 500% pay raise, and fire everyone. I probably won't do these things but it will be a nice back-end experience. I have recently given myself the job title Prince Regent of Customer Service" and my manager didn't turn it down so I consider it my official job title which I will be putting on my future resumes.

My cousin, Drew is getting married this weekend and was kind enough to ask me to be in his wedding party which is really great. The couple asked me to create a few signs to guide reception attendees up the canyon to the venue. Allison is pictured painting my worst one but they generally turned out really well and it felt incredibly satisfying building something. I don't think I would ever want to be a professional woodworker as I would get sick of the monotony but I would love to have a wood shop one day--and the money to buy nice wood would be good.

I confess I did some other things as well but I can't write about them yet since they are going to be a surprise for certain individuals. A container of touch-up paint melted open in my glove compartment, I acted as a witness in a mock trial (court is mean), and I've been working in my parents' garden which I am going to just call my garden from now on.

Oh and Sarah and I stayed up for the blood moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment