2/9/14

RootsTech

As head of the company's customer service I had the privilege to represent us at RootsTech, the big family history conference in Salt Lake City. It made for a long weekend but it was a fun experience pitching our product to hundreds of people and really feel like an integral part of the machine.
Me, Mirielle, Michael, Jason, Alex, Richard
It was a fairly mundane task repeating the same spiel about our product to everyone and by the third day I gave up on sounding fresh and sounded like a real salesperson. I never thought I'd be able to sell anything but I'm sure I made quite a few over the weekend. Honestly though the best part about the whole event was the chance to take the train up to Salt Lake each day, the city has such a different feel when you're there for work. We only had 20 minute lunch breaks so each day I had the same concessions burrito each day that may have had dog meat in it.
On our final day the team was getting obviously a little sick of the conference and over the course of the day we invented a dance and song for our company--imagine a t-rex dancing and singing the tune of Kokomo.

I'm happy its over, but I will miss the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment