8/24/13

Custom Neckware for the Soon Unemployed

They let us know this week that the project at work is winding down and that depending on the decisions by higher-ups they may terminate my team in 1-3 months--sigh. There is a slight chance I'll be kept on as on for other projects as I am one of the most senior members but we'll see. The important thing is I'll always have this dry-erase mural of this job to remember it by.
Top: David L, Lucus W, Sally W, Jentry W, Claire S, Mirielle S, Kyle, Zander N. Middle: Kathrine C, Rachale C, Matt, Chusi, Christian O, Ryan M, Richard B. Bottom: Rayna, Ashley J, Doug M, Davey M, Willow, Crissy M, Ramsey, Mark W.
You'll find me in the center with my stylish short beard. This mural has been in progress for over a month but it was just barely finished to include the whole office--well what is left of us. Mirielle drew most of them and a co-worker started giving them teeth, red lips, and blue eyes. Once that co-worker left to dental school I took over and even drew one of the portraits--Ramsey, the man with a big beard.

I also started a new project this week which will perhaps transform into a hobby. My friend June offered her help and taught me how to make bow-ties. This is the result:
I felt a little like a Chippendale dancer while taking this picture.
I'm happy with how it turned out and have the fabric for two more: a yellow honeycomb, and a red with white polka-dot. June helped me considerably with this one so we'll see how two and three turn out; once I master the bow-tie I'll try my hand at full neckties.

1 comment: